Friday, February 12, 2010

Long live McQueen

This is not a fashion blog, I don't have to report coverage, break news and talk about the tailoring. There are plenty of blogs who do so and I follow them religiously. I sit with friends dissect shows and flip trough countless pages of overpriced magazines. I don't need to bore you with all that but I do however talk sometimes (ok maybe i do quite a abit) about fashion here because it's a big part of my life. I didn't realize just how much I talked about McQueen these past few seasons till the morning he died and I woke up to so many condolonces, as though he were part of my family. As a person, he was neither family nor friend, as an artist he was a big part of my life and endless inspiration to me. NY fashion week fills me with a desire to empty my pocket book and a hangover from one to many fetes. But while there is always a million little things I covet and always good fashion I am rarely left breathless. Like my life, I like my fashion in extremes. I want magic, fantasy, and dark fairy tales, I like to have eyes widened and my heart left racing. I'm a Mugler, Galliano, Gaultier, Givenchy, Westwood kinda girl... I'm a McQueen queen. On Sundays I host a party right near the McQueen store and so just a few days ago before going in to my party I went by the window and snapped this pic on my phone.Here's the same window a few days later.Paying my respects. Special thanks to my amazing hairdresser
Brian Buenaventura who thought it would make me feel better to pay homage the way I love to most and helped brush away some sadness.

1 comment:

  1. your hair looks amazing! What a wonderful homage to mcqueen!

    http://aforteforfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete