Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Milagro miracles

Milagro is Spanish for miracle. In mexico these little charms are called milagros and are usually made to resemble body parts, cars, houses and little people. Sometimes you can find strange ones like guns and cameras...
Traditionally people pin them on boards in churches next to their saints asking for help with a possible ailment for certain body parts, help with financial woes, hearts for love problems or others as thanks for miracles the saint has already bestowed upon them.
I have these large tin milagros I bought in Mexico City hanging on my wall. Last week I needed something to finish my look for a party I was hosting, so I wretched them off their nails and voila, turned them into earrings...The real milagro is coming up with a different look for every party I go to...

No comments:

Post a Comment