Thursday, March 4, 2010

Ladies who lunch

Artist Jeremy Kost and I are dear friends. Truth be told we've never actually had "LUNCH" together....until tonight. I'm hosting his opening at the National Arts club...take that Ivanka Trump!

Update:....I've always hated Gramercy Park. It's the last remaining private park in Manhattan and the idea of a park that only the wealthy residents nearby can enter seems to go against the whole energy of NYC. The National Arts Club comes from the same exclusive line of thinking. It also happens to be one of the most beautiful places I have ever been too let alone host. Today I looked up their website and found their dresscode.:
"The National Arts Club's suggested dress code for non-members at open events is business casual. This code is strictly encouraged. Inappropriate attire is listed below:
Leggings, stirrup pants, capri pants
Shorts or cut-offs
Sweatshirts, sweatpants, or jogging suits
Halter dresses or sundresses
Denim of any type or in any color, including dresses, shirts, skirts, vests and/or slacks
Spandex or Lycra garments
T-shirts, tank tops or crop tops"

No lycra or spandex?!....I guess Richard Simmons and Steve Tyler are not welcome guests. For the record I emceed in my knickers....

3 comments:

  1. said hi last night. I was the black guy in the hat with earflaps. You were magnificent!!!! xo, R

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ron,
    Thanks so much, hope you enjoyed yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete