Friday, April 16, 2010

Untitled is the title

Everyone's a critic. I once saw an episode of Candid Camera where they did a wine testing but all the wines were the same. I laughed as people put on air's of wine conniseurs and explained how one of them was far more well rounded the other. That's how I feel when I go to fragrance launches. I'm a big fan of Maison Martin Margiela and was excited to attend the launch of their new fragrance, the very Margielesque named UNTITLED. The press release uses words like the woody green floral, the bitterness of box green, the vibrancy of lentiscus and incense....It ended the description by saying it was "like a huge armful of plants harvested just after the rain" Going to Margiela events are always fabulous, they always have something up their sleeve. Usually an outfit with only one sleeve, probably attached at the leg! I fell in love with the acrylic moulds of their famous split toes boots and jokingly asked one of my friends who works there how bad it would be if i stole em, luckily they told me they're gonna be for sale in the near future.
Anyways, not really sure where I would stash them in my barely there nude pantyhose ensemble.
Nearly everything at Margiela was white upon white. From the white lab coats of the staff, to the bouquets of white flowers they made us when we left. As I stomped my Margiela'd feet out of there they also gave out white felt buttons drowned in Untitled. I woke up the next morning with it by my bed. Candid Camera be damned, I could have sworn it just rained and someone had brought me an armful of freshly cut greenery....sweet sigh.
Photo of Margiela was published last year in the NY Times and is an old photo of him...the only photo of him known to man.
Photo of me at event is by Katya Moorman from her great blog Style Defined.
Photo of shoe moulds snapped on my phone while pondering theft.
Photo of my Margiela boots and flowers by Jason The Black Teen Wolf.

1 comment:

  1. I'm obsessed with anything clear plastic, especially is it's Margiela's tabi boot.

    ReplyDelete